Monday, February 7, 2011

Wow, I finally felt something!

OK, so as you can tell from Jenni's comments in her previous blogs posts, I'm not much of writer. It's not that I don't have anything to say, I just lack the grace of putting words together in an eloquent manner. That being said, tonight something happened that I didn't expect that's worthy of writing about.

For the last month or so, every couple days, Jenni would run up to me, place my hand on her belly with hopes that I would feel what she just felt. I would sit there, with my hand on her belly, in total quietness and deep concentration, waiting for something to indicate to me that what's been growing in her stomach the last 24 weeks would give me some kind of knock of life. Each time she felt something, she would ask "Did you feel that? How about now? You had to feel that!" Each time we came up empty...until tonight.

As I was sitting at my computer in deep concentration measuring the pros and cons of a miter cut vs a coping cut for a chair rail that I plan to install in our baby room, Jenni came running downstairs. She said that the baby was kicking like she hasn't felt before (I'm sure as a result of the 2 brownies she had for dessert!). She sat down on the sofa and told me this has got to be the time where I would feel something. I sat down next to her, place my hand on her belly and sure enough, I felt a kick! A sign of life!

What an amazing feeling. The fact that this little bean has grown into a 1 pound, 12 inch being inside my wife's belly is truly a wonder. It was a great feeling to finally feel what my wife has been feeling for the past month. Can't wait to feel the next kick!

1 comment:

  1. Dave, that's a beautiful thing! and I don't know what you are talking about that you are not much of a writer...get over it! you can write! With eloquence, grace, heart and humor....

    xxx, your sister who loves you and totally supports you writing. more often.

    ReplyDelete