Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Birthing and baby classes
I forgot to mention that we finished our four week course on birthing last week. We met some great people, Melissa and andreas, won a baby toy elephant, and learned a lot about labor and delivery. We are more anxious than before but are glad we took good notes and are more aware of what to expect once I go into labor. We still have to write up a birth plan and really plan out what we need for that big day. I created a play list for some music I'd like to listen to in the birthing room. We also got to tour the hospital and see where all the action will happen. While there we got to see some tiny babies in the nursery. So amazing that we get to take ours home! The all about babies class was fun! We chose a gender ambiguous doll to act as our baby. We practiced swaddling, diapering, and bathing a baby as well as learning all about what to expect health wise with our little one when we bring him or her home. We learned about car seat instalation, safety concerns in the home, and met a pediatrician. That's our next step. Finding a pediatrician as well as a daycare person. So much to do! All about babies really is and will be our motto for a long time to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment