Noah is officially four weeks old already. It is hard to believe that almost a month ago I was in labor and anxiously awaiting the announcement of what sex our baby was. And now I couldn't imagine not having Noah in my life on the outside. Maternity leave and adjusting to motherhood has been easy. I know I was meant to be his mom. The only tough thing has been breastfeeding. No one tells you that it might not come easy. Due to my hemmoraging and episiotomy, my milk supply has not come in fully. Lots of hard work with pumping, bottle feeding, breastfeeding, and supplementing has been consuming much of my time. We finally have a routine and Noah has gained lots of weight. He is really thriving. We are starting to see a personality more and more. He is really laid back and alert much of the day. His eyes are open so wide now and he really looks and examines you when you hold him. Dave and I think he can really smile now and it is not just gassy smile. I see him laugh quite often in his sleep and it is just adorable. Noah really didn't like the washcloth/bath but when I took him in the bathtub with me the other day, he loved it. I let him soak with my hand underneath him. His little legs kicked and arms going crazy! He loved being in the water and moving around. He kept trying to dunk his little head! We also tried out the Moby and went to the luxury home tour thanks to our friend Mimi. The moby lets you hold him close to your chest and have your hands free. Noah loved that too! And he sleeps six hours a night already! For the last 5 nights he has given his mommy and daddy six hours of sleep. Now I know we are truly lucky! Dave misses him during the day, but loves to come home and hold his little guy. He enjoys being outside with daddy and smelling the fresh air. He falls asleep immediately in his carseat when we go for walks or take trips to the store in the car. Each day, we are seeing more and more of his personality and really feeling like a family. It has finally sunk in that I have a son. He is my blood and I am so happy that he is in my life. I know now what it means to be a mom and love someone unconditionally with all my heart. Noah David is so adorable and loving. To rely completely on Dave and I for everything is a big responsibility but every moment you get paid back with his beautiful smile, grab on to your finger, and coo in his voice.
At the moment we are traveling to Wisconsin to see our family and Noah will meet Uncle Jason, Aunt Chastity, and Liam and Bedelia for the first time. Then he will also meet all my aunts, uncles, and cousins on both sides of my family. They are all so excited to get to know our little Noah! Then next we will get to introduce Noah to David's extended family. What a month July will be! I will blog more after this weekend. There is always so much to tell about a new baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment