Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18th, 2010

Welcome to our baby blog!  First entry of many!   We are officially 12 weeks and 5 days today!  Getting close to the 13th week and off to the 2nd trimester!  It has seemed like forever since we found out we were pregnant and now we're almost 1/3 of the way there to having our little baby Rothe welcomed into the world.  We took our second set of Belly shots today of my growing belly.  I feel so big but know I will only get bigger. The good news is that I haven't felt the morning sickness or nausea in 5 days! Ever since I entered the 12th week, I've been feeling better and a little less tired.  And some cravings have started...  Cravings recently have been salt and vinegar chips inside a P & J sandwich and some beans with dorito chips.  Not the healthiest of combinations and not a great feeling in my tummy a few moments later.  We got a baby name book we ordered on Amazon today so we can come up with a variety of names.  We already have one boy and girl name that we've had picked out way before getting married but we want to have a few more picked out for choice.  Next week, we're telling the extended family and then the world on facebook!  It seems crazy to let our news loose on the world when we've worked so hard to keep it hush, hush for so long.  It was nice to have something secret between Dave and I but there is nothing more wonderful than sharing such a blessing with all the special and important people in our lives.  We are so excited to finally let the world know that we are going to be parents and that we have a little baby on the way!   Next up is Thanksgiving to share our news with all the Rothes, Isaacsons, and Burkes.  Along with telling my work, too!  Can't wait to wear my "lil turkey" shirt and share our Baby Ruth (baby rothe) cake with friends and family!  This little one doesn't know what she or he is getting themselves into by being a part of this big family; but one thing is for sure, they will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment