This weekend we celebrated Mother's Day by having my family up from Wisconsin. I bought myself a fabulous purse like diaper bag that is so adorable! A little pricey, but we made it my Mother's Day and birthday present! My sister is moving back up to the cities so this was her moving back up weekend! It is going to be nice to have her close to spend time with her new niece or nephew! Dave and I spent the day on Saturday shopping for plants for our vegetable and fruit garden along with some perinnials for our flower garden. It is looking beautiful, but boy was I tired after working in the garden all day! So hot out and my ankles and calves ended up being huge! Each day they seem to swell more. Baby R is doesn't have much space in there anymore and the turns and twists are so sharp. He or she is finally FULL term meaning that we can go anytime to the hospital. I can't believe I have a little newborn size baby folded into my belly in a little ball.. I know it is normal, but I feel so bad for the little one being so crammed in there! It is becoming more and more uncomfortable as I am sure it is for our little Baby R. Mother's Day was very nice with
mom visiting. Karissa, Mom, and I went and got pedicures on Sunday for mothers day and that was amazing! It was nice to spend time with the family. We had a mini birthday party for Papa David on Saturday night. He got twins tickets to go with my dad and his sometime in June. Daddy's birthday is in the same month as Baby R and hopefully they won't share a birthday! I am not quite ready to have this little one yet with all the nesting and cleaning I still want to do! In other news....I've reached the last week of work! We had a work shower tonight where I got a convertible carseat for when Baby R is more than 22 pounds. We are SO set with everything! We've been blessed to have so many friends and family gift us so many wonderful things for our first baby! I am very grateful! Each day, we think about what our baby will look like and what they will be! We are getting so close to finding out! Took our breastfeeding class on monday night and learned alot. Tonight we got to meet all the midwives in our group and we feel so much more relaxed about the delivery. David is feeling much more calm about knowing where to go when we do come to the hospital. Now all we do is wait! We can't help but feel nervous and excited at the same time for our little one! 18 days and counting till the due date!
No comments:
Post a Comment